Saturday 17 March 2007

Charlene Ng 2D/06

This poem is about the relationship between nature and man like that of a mother and her child. It is at its strongest and most dependant during childhood however as time passes this bond detereoriates as one struggles to keep their connection with nature with everyday modernisation. The same thing can be seen in real life between child and parents. Yet, when man feels drained and down we automatically turn back to nature to rejuvenate ourselves, and we find ourselves pleasantly calm again. Just like how a child runs back to his/her mother seeking comfort. This poem does not use rhyme and rhythm but i hope it is okay.







Feet that shuffle heavily,
Though feeling strangely vacant
And light on the other hand.
Punctured, deflated and used.

Come take a seat, child.

Weary, worn out,
I refuse to follow the chase of the tangible.
Lagging behind,
Just to spend some time with you.

I’ll take in your tired and spent soul.

Hollow.
They couldn’t fill up the empty spaces.
They couldn’t buy me what was missing.
Void.

Let me bring you back to when you were really happy.

Vulnerable and weak, so shelter me as usual.
The rain won’t get me.
I rest on your strong arms for support.
I used to.

But you no longer have time for healing.

I cry; I have work to do,
I have to go for now.
The wind caresses my face,
Your gentle hands wipe my tears away.

Do come back soon

I’m as used as you.

No comments: