Wednesday 21 March 2007

eastina- poem

They gleamed so brightly under that sun
Light that shone from far above
Dew drops sparkled so furiously
Stopped to wave and beckoned me

Into the reverie I slipped
Amazed, enthralled by surrounding awe
As if a portrait, how picturesque!
I couldn’t help but digressed

The beauty that overwhelmed,
Was never passes despite so long
Time, the measure of eternity
Tell me is this forever that I see?

Fade away not that beloved sight
To stay it must, so fleet no more
Behold the moment, my dearest delight
This couldn’t be casual fantasy

This poem is inspired by the beautiful lush green of the garden. The pretty flowers and green hue of the grass seemed to compliment each other. As I basked in the gorgeous sight of the slightly wet grass glistening in the hot evening sun, I gained inspiration for the poem. It was a sight unable to be captured by cameras, only able to be enjoyed by the human eye. The view was overwhelming and beautiful to the point that I asked if it was eternal. This poem is a representation of how I felt and enjoyed that scenic view of the garden.

Eastina Tan 2C '06

No comments: