Sunday 18 March 2007

Faye Victoria Sit Ying Qi - 2E06


Some of us enter the Botanic Gardens thinking, "What's the difference, aren't these green things just all the same?" But personal experience tells me that Nature's beauty never leaves her "victims" disenchanted. The further I walk, the more inspired and awed I become. Nature is simplicity at it's best, and that is how I hope to convey my poem. I spot this waterfall surrounded by trees and shrubs, although a fusion of both God's kiss and Man's touch, still absolutely breathtaking. I find myself questioning how it was built and I realize that wildlife has to be sacrificed in order for this man-made structure to come about (which reminds me a fair bit of how Man neglects Nature in order to achieve progress). Yes, now you may weep, now you may begin to identify with my poem titled, Here Is Gone.
_ _ _

Here Is Gone

Water falls like silken hair
From a maiden's head.
A crystal shower, cascades through the air
And reflects what Nature made.

All around this pristine pool
A hundred plants have gathered.
Their leaves leave a scent that's pure and cool
And our pleas for peace are answered.

Yet all the beauty before our eyes
Was once land desolate and dead.
There's no mystery how water falls and plants rise:
All the nature here is man-made.

-Faye

No comments: