Saturday 17 March 2007

Ng Soo Hiang 2B

This poem is about everyday life, or simply a life cycle. I drew inspiration mainly from William Wordsworth’s poems, whereby he shows the relationship between man and nature. Butterflies dancing in the meadow was what inspired me on the whole.






Here little butterfly, where would you fly from?
Dancing in the meadow playing in the sun!

Hovering over flowers in the warm summer breeze
Silently making music with your wings as they flit.

Flitting high, flitting low,
through the garden gates you go
Amazed by your vitality was i
Proud to be a butterfly!

Free to linger, free to fly,
Free to mingle with the sky,
never showing you are shy
Just free to be a butterfly!

Hey little child, what do you know?
Before I could be free, I had to learn to grow

A teeny weeny caterpillar with fur upon my back
The smallest little rock would seem like a mighty stack

Crawling high, crawling low
Through the tallest weeds I'd go
When I reached the peak high above
Safe and sound from the world below

Then my task had just begun
Spinning my cocoon was work not fun.
Patiently forming neat and fast
Until my silken pad was done.

Here little butterfly, how would you break free
Bound in your cocoon on a branch of a tree?

Oh little child, in time I grew
My wings formed around me as time flew
Changing from a caterpillar was work that's true
But when I emerged away I flew

Ng Soo Hiang 2B

No comments: