Wednesday 21 March 2007

Wu Yahan 2E06



Dying Beauty

Hold on, like a mother holds her child,
Embrace love in this enchanting beauty.
Be the star ballerina in this magical wild.
You say, “ Come to freedom when you come to me.”

Then why did I feel what I felt?
That all good things must come to an end.
Flowers wither, even candles melt
Dying beauty nobody bothers to mend.

Like a morning dream, you smiled.
Life’s always on this fast forward lane.
“Some other day perhaps, then I’ll reach out”
Yet nobody really sees heaven in my grain of sand.

Still, love, don’t shed a tear.
For this heartache calls out to none.
With each sunset I have no fear,
Do believe that hope will grant me one more dance.

We breathe without a doubt what tomorrow brings,
Inflicting pain on nature that nobody sees.
Each day passing can’t replace yesterday’s dreams,
And soon love will leave you with a goodbye kiss.

The poem was inspired by the two flowers- one withered and one blossoming under the sun. It symbolizes hope and yet lost hope. Even though the blossoming flower should have been the focus of the whole picture, I see it something which is actually hidden, and that is dying beauty.

Wu Yahan
2e06

No comments: