Saturday 17 March 2007

Aw Zhan Quan 2C'06


Prologue

I wrote this poem because everyone was scared of the black swan when we approached it. One of my group members cautioned me on getting too close towards it as it will attack me. However, deep in my mind, I thought that if I meant no harm towards it, it will not attack me, as animals like human have dual nature. It honked at me when I took a step that seemed too close to it, maybe I did not show enough sincerity to earn its trust. It shows that we have to know the person or creature close, in order to discover its true self.


The black swan

Ugly and ferocious at first sight
Charismatic and docile in deeper sight
Symbolic as a dark knight
Darkness can envelope the light

Not as peaceful and elegant
As its white counterparts
But not individualistic and arrogant
Like its white counterparts

Brave enough to face us
Not fleeing when it senses us
But often seen like a foe
When it comes too close

Drawn as a baddy in fantasy
Act like an angel in reality
May be possessed by a goddess
To assess our intelligence

Bad on the outside
Good in the inside
Treated as a mate
As you know it close

No comments: