Saturday 17 March 2007

Sean Teh 2C

Inspired by William Wordsworth and his written work “The World Is Too Much With Us”, my poem talks about the stubbornness of man in changing his attitude toward nature even after seeing it react in response to the actions that man made which caused the deterioration of nature.



I bask in all my splendour
My wood is manufactured tough and sturdy
I revel in my grandeur
But my fate I leave to oppourtunity

Sun and rain I take in my stride
I view nature in all its serenity
The hard ground I stand on with pride
But my fate I leave to oppourtunity

Withering trees I look on smug
Quietly knowing that would not befall me
Without a care I give a shrug
But my fate I leave to oppourtunity

As plants renew, their leaves fall down
Floating, fluttering down ever so gently
Around me, all over the ground
But my fate I leave to oppourtunity

Moss and algae I feel them creep
Covering me at lightning speed
Taking root they grow in so deep
Further and further in they seep

Times have changed, years have passed
Supporting people no longer my task
The green on me I use as a mask
To cover the rotting inside my husk

I refuse to see my demise!
Never would I accept advice!
Never would I compromise!
My fame would forever rise!




Day after day alone I stand
Alone in all my greatness
Into nature I slowly blend
Growing more and more restless


Sean Teh 2C

No comments: