Tuesday 20 March 2007

G.V.Abhirami 2C/06

My trip to the botanical gardens was an exceptionally memorable one, mmostly because i was surrounded by many of my friends and it was one of the many events that made me realise the true meaning of friendship. Yet, my poem shows the pain and beauty of loneliness. I was inspired to write this poem by a photograph of this flower. In a whole tree filled with such beautiful flowers, this one was standing alone. It catched my eye first and foremost for this reason. Although it stood alone, its beauty shone through, with it's well defined shape and colours. This led me to think, maybe there is beauty in loneliness, when everyone else forgets you, and you stand alone.


The wind grows stronger these days
And there has not been a moment i've not thought
About what would ever happen
If i were to one day fall off

With no one for support
No one who cares
Would it be any different
If i just fell off

The leaves, they turn their back on me
They give me neither comfort nor warmth
My siblings, they grow in clusters of their own
Would they stop to look upon me, all alone?

Then one day a stranger walked
Down to the tree that i call my home
He stopped to look directly at me
Although i was there on my own

He did not want the clusters or the crowd
He wanted beauty that was unhindered
The kind only i can portray
To the world that i once thought was cold

Then i looked at everyone around
And about how loneliness had made me strong
Although i yearn for the comfort of love
I know i can earn it one day
The love i have been denied from all

No comments: